The State Government shall by notification endow the Municipalities
with such powers and authorities as may be necessary from time to
time to enable them to function, subject to such conditions as may
be specified therein, with respect to :-
i)The preparation of plans for economic
development and social justice.
iI)The performance of functions and
implementation of the schemes which may be entrusted to them
including the following,
namely : -
1. Regulation of land use and construction of building.
2. Planning of economic and social developement.
3. Roads and bridges.
4. Water supply for domestic, industrial and commercial
5. Public health, sanitation conservancy and solid
6. Urban forestry, protection of the environment and
promotion of ecological aspects.
7. Safeguarding the interest of weaker sections of
society, imcluding the handicaped and mentally retarded.
8. Slum improvement and upgradation.
9. Urban poverty alleviation.
10. Provision of urban amenities and facilities such as
parks, gardens and Playgrounds.
11. Promotion of cultural, educational and aesthetics
12. Burial and burial ground, cremation, cremation ground and
13. Vital statics including registration of births and
14. Public amenitities including street lightening, parking
lots, bus stops and public conveniences.
15. Regulation of slaughter houses and tannieries.
M.C. Shree Naina Devi Ji
Himachal Pradesh, India Pincode: 174310
Email : mcnainadevi[at]gmail[dot]com Phone : +91-1978-288025